Belville House is a seventeenth century residence – now an outbuilding – with a 17th century memorial plaque on the exterior.
On the outskirts of the village of Brocagh, to the West, is Belville House. Belville is of architectural importance due to its timberwork with oak beams which have been dated to 1675 and they retain their original carpenters markings. There is also evidence of a secret tunnel linking the house to the nearby Mountjoy castle, which may reflect the importance of the house in the village.
The house was reputed to be haunted by the ghost of one of its former owners, a Lady Morris, who hanged herself in the house in the seventeenth century. The Plaque on the house bears the Morris family crest. Lady Morris’ ghost stalked the house until a priest exorcised her spirit into a bottle, which is now built into the attic of the house.